International Student Trips Powered By Discovery Education
Abby's Adventures in Africa

It's nice to meet you!

Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Hey! Well here is a little about me:

My name is Abby Gentsch. I am currently a junior at Bishop Lynch high school where I am very (probably overly) involved. To name a few things—I am president of the National Honor Society, on the board for the Bishop Lynch Ambassadors, I am in the Advanced Choir, Shades of Blue Jazz Ensemble, and the Harmony Show Choir as well as on the choir leadership council, and I am on BL’s Broadcast Journalism crew. After next year (SEN10R YEAR!) I plan on attending college (TBA University) and majoring in Film and Digital Media. I thoroughly enjoy technology/electronics like my new iPod touch, my video camera, and my gorgeous laptop. It is rare that I am at a loss for words, but I will try to keep these posts informational and, well let’s say, lacking my everyday rambles. But, I make no promises!


I am blessed with truly the best friends in the world and the most extraordinarily supportive family. Since this post is an introductory post, it is crucial that I mention them. They are all a gigantic part of who I am and I would not be anywhere near where I am without them-I mean, really. I cannot even put into words how grateful I am to them all. I love them dearly!

I simply cannot wait to leave for South Africa! It is going to be unlike anything I have ever experienced. This will only be my second time out of the United States (unless you count walking across the border and into Mexico for 5 hours, in which case this will be my third time) and definitely my first time to swim with great white sharks or hang out with penguins. It’s going to be an incredible experience!

Here is how you can stay updated:
Email: agentschDSA@gmail.com

Twitter: agentschDSA

YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/user/agentschDSA

Blog: http://www.agentschdsa.blogspot.com/


Special thanks to my mother, who is possibly the only person reading this.

currently listening to: a beautiful mess by jason mraz

5 comments:

Linda Rush said...

Great job! Please help the others going to South Africa to update their blog.

kbam said...

You're welcome! Now can I go with you??

cbattalora said...

Abby have a great time with Linda Rush! You will learn alot. I have at Notre Dame School. Looking forward to following your adventure!

nancyw said...

Have fun from the students at Notre Dame School. take lots of pictures

rickandsusan said...

Abby, live from the bay on South Padre Island, Molo! Unjani:
?
Aunt SueSue and Uncle Rick are resting up from resting up after a long day of SPI. Aunt Sue says "OMG Abby's trip is off the chain!" Uncle Rick says the trip is 2g2bt." Both are trying to find Africa on the map. Rick thinks it is near Houston, Susan says "LOL, everyone knows it is in the west Texas, what part of "Cape Town won the six man football state championship" do you not understand. We know Texas is a big place and you are a loooong way off, but at least we can find comfort in the fact that you will fall asleep with one eye on the Texas Flag just before you dream of new adventures in the unexplored parts of our great state, like the TableCloth, that you will find upon waking in the morning.

Remember.. The Eyes of Texas are Upon you... Have fun, but don't Jol like was 1999....

R&S...

Post a Comment

Essential Programs Details

Duration 12 days
When June 2nd - 13th, 2009
Focus Wildlife Research/Conservation
Political History
Culture